October 21, 2011
The Monster 5 for Friday -- Careers Edition -- October 21
On Fridays, we take a look back at the week that was, and show you five of our favorite career-advice articles from the past five days -- tips and news you may have missed during your busy week.
5. The folks at MainStreet.com published a helpful article with tips on how you can make your resume stand out from the crowd noticed (hint: it's often about removing stuff, not adding it!). Read "Five Simple Ways to Get Your Resume Noticed."
4. In 2011, retailers are expected to hire 480,000 to 500,000 seasonal workers, according to the National Retail Federation. We've got tips for people who want to land one of these jobs. Read "Holiday Jobs: Gifts for Getting Ahead."
3. An interesting article from BusinessInsider.com discussed some benefits of using Monster's BeKnown app (as well as Facebook itself). Read "How Facebook Could Land You a Job Faster Than LinkedIn (and How to Do It)."
2. Using Monster to post your resume and search the more than a million job posts it has at any given time (from customers including 97% of the Fortune 1000 companies) is a crucial first step on your job search -- but networking is the next important factor. Read "6 Networking Tips for Your Job Search."
1. It's not just young people who will benefit from the excellent advice in this HuffPo article. Read "Tips for 20-Something Job Seekers."
Do you need job-search advice? What job-seeker topics would you like to see covered? Leave a message for us in the comments section below, or find @monstercareers on Twitter and send a message. Also, get support and great job-seeker advice when you join our community on Facebook.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Monster 5 for Friday -- Careers Edition -- October 21:
The comments to this entry are closed.