September 16, 2011
The Monster 5 for Friday -- Careers Edition -- September 16
On Fridays, we take a look back at the week that was, and show you five cool career-advice articles you may have missed during your busy week.
5. To start, we'll point to a post on this very blog. Did you know that September is both National Preparedness Month and National Update Your Resume Month? The two clearly go hand-in-hand, because having an updated resume is an important way to stay prepared for career emergencies. Read "The Importance of Being Prepared."
4. The Wall Street Journal ran a lengthy interview with "What Color Is Your Parachute?" author Richard Bolles -- in which he shared his thoughts on new job-search technologies, as well as his outlook on the search for "dream jobs" (which echoes Monster's beliefs). Read "People Are Still Finding Their Dream Jobs." Yes they are!
3. BostInnovation reported on the latest thing in mobile networking -- that is, Monster's own BeKnown application, which is now available on the iPhone and Android. Read "Monster Worldwide Adds Mobile Functionality to Facebook App, BeKnown."
2. About.com career expert Alison Doyle provides some great tips on digital communication in one of her latest posts. Read "How Not to Email About a Job."
1. And now maybe you can end your week with a laugh (while learning an important lesson about the need to proofread your resume). This week, Yahoo! ran a Monster advice article that provides a collection of cautionary tales. Read "10 Classic Resume Bloopers."
Do you need job-search advice? What job-seeker topics would you like to see covered? Leave a message for us in the comments section below, or find @monstercareers on Twitter and send a message. Also, get support and great job-seeker advice when you join our community on Facebook.
Posted by Charles Purdy on September 16, 2011 at 04:56 PM in Books , Career Development , Interview , Job Search , Networking , New Media , Update Your Resume Week | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack (0)
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Monster 5 for Friday -- Careers Edition -- September 16:
I am so glad this internet thing works and your article really helped me. Might take you up on that home advice you
Posted by: fake oakleys | Sep 19, 2011 3:23:42 AM
I’m still learning from you, but I’m improving myself. I definitely liked reading everything that is written on your blog.Keep the information coming. I liked it!
Posted by: fake oakleys | Sep 19, 2011 3:27:32 AM
There's definitely a lot of money to be made working on the internet. These are some really helpful hints as well.
Posted by: Spencer Hale | Sep 22, 2011 5:13:44 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.