June 27, 2011
How BeKnown Will Make Facebook Work for You
Monster.com has just launched a new professional networking app for Facebook users: BeKnown. BeKnown lets you identify and connect with friends and professional contacts from multiple sources to grow your professional network, enhance your online professional identity, and discover new jobs.
The great thing that BeKnown does for users is allow them to build a professional network on Facebook (the world's largest and most active social network), while keeping personal and work-related contacts and content completely separated. That's 700 million people on Facebook and 97% of Fortune 500 companies using Monster to find candidates coming together.
If you're on Facebook, you can now use BeKnown to:
* Create professional networks within a professional environment, created by Monster -- without ever leaving Facebook. (No more need to switch back and forth between sites.)
* Easily invite contacts from other social networks to expand your BeKnown network beyond your existing Facebook friends. (You can add a contact to BeKnown without having to become his or her Facebook friend.)
* Keep social activity with friends and family separate from work-related activity with professional contacts.
* See Monster's millions of job postings -- and see who among your professional contacts on BeKnown is connected to the companies you're interested in.
* Connect professional networking to Monster’s job search and browse tools and import your Monster or LinkedIn profile to BeKnown from right within the app.
Joining BeKnown is easy -- the app guides you through a very quick setup process. You can opt to use your Facebook profile information and/or pull information from other networking sites, as well as your Monster.com profile. Then, you simply invite connections to join your professional network and start earning badges to showcase on your profile. Ta-da! You're using BeKnown.
There's a new way to keep it professional Facebook and put your network to work. Get BeKnown today.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference How BeKnown Will Make Facebook Work for You:
With facebook and monster.com's wide reach this looks like a great idea.
Posted by: David Stillwagon | Jun 28, 2011 11:07:38 AM
What is really problem with LinkedIn guys? They are saying it is misuse of data http://www.businessnews24hr.com/details.aspx?ID=180 There is another interesting aspect to this episode: http://mankabros.com/blogs/onmedea/2011/05/19/linkedin-acquired-by-monster-com-for-37242/comment-page-3/#comment-19361
Posted by: Rosaline | Jul 3, 2011 11:59:25 AM
app seems to be good , i think i should try it
Posted by: Pavan | Sep 18, 2011 3:11:32 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.