April 15, 2011
The Monster 5 for Friday--Careers Edition--April 15
You're busy -- these days, who isn't? So we like to save you time by putting five of our favorite job-seeker-advice articles in one place for our readers. Here they are, your "5 for Friday":
5. Why are manhole covers round? If you were an animal, what type would you be? Have you ever been thrown for a loop by bizarre interview questions like these? If so, check out the advice in "How to Survive Weird Interview Questions."
4. Think your after-interview thank-you note is nice but optional? Think again. Read Career Rocketeer's "What to Consider When Writing Thank-You Notes."
3. The rules and requirements of job interviews have changed. Get tips, in "Job Interviews: How to Turn an Interview into an Offer."
2. We're coming to the end of National Volunteer Week -- and volunteer work can look great on a resume. Find out how to frame volunteer experience, in "Leverage Volunteer Work on Your Resume."
1. Are you (or is someone you love) graduating from college soon? Get job-search tips, in "Standing Out from the Crowd."
Do you need job-search advice? What job-seeker topics would you like to see covered? Leave a message for us in the comments section below, or find @monstercareers on Twitter and send a message.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Monster 5 for Friday--Careers Edition--April 15:
I just posted a comment. Actually, I don't think I'm going to use Monster anymore. It's a great website but that ad on the bottom is so distracting and the fact that I can't see a company and a location at the same time slows down my job search. I will come back to you guys as a last resort. But, this used to be such a great website and really still is that it used to be the first place I'd go. I analyze data for a living so I know that in the grand scheme of things for every customer you lose like me you still make more money due to the increased advertising revenue. I'd be surprised other people don't feel the same way. You guys are now my last resort instead of the first place I look for a job.
Posted by: Tom | Apr 19, 2011 12:00:05 AM
Number four is great advice. I can't tell you how many people think they do not really need a thank you letter. It is vital to keeping your name in front of the hiring committee.
Posted by: steveB | Apr 19, 2011 7:09:55 AM
Thank you, Steve. Tom, we are always working to provide our users with the best interface and job-search experience. We continue to make updates based on feedback we receive from members, as well as frequent usability testing. Thank you for taking time to reach out to us. Your feedback will be passed along to our user-experience team.
Posted by: Charles Purdy | Apr 20, 2011 12:07:04 PM
Great Blog! Man covers are round so they will not fall in.
Posted by: Nicholas | Apr 28, 2011 10:05:31 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.