April 01, 2011
The Monster 5 for Friday--Careers Edition--April 1
It's no joke: according to the U.S. Labor Department, the unemployment rate is at its lowest level since March 2009. It's time to get your job search in high gear -- so check out these not-to-be-missed articles on career advice: a few of our picks on managing your job search (no foolin'!).
5. From technology to social mores, the world is changing. Find out what this means for job seekers in an interesting conversation between personal-branding expert Dan Schawbel and career expert Penelope Trunk, "New Economy Career Advice from Penelope Trunk."
4. Speaking of personal branding, this week we revealed an often-unspoken-about first step to creating your personal brand online: "Using Twitter for Your Career: What Should I Tweet About?"
3. Did you know that money spent on your job search may be tax deductible? As the tax deadline approaches, you should read "Your Job-Search Expenses May Be Tax-Deductible."
2. Does your resume contain a word or phrase that makes recruiters roll their eyes in annoyance? Are you sure? Check out "10 Words and Terms That Ruin a Resume."
1. When you're interviewing with a potential employer, you're probably going to meet people in several roles within the company. Here's a succinct rundown on those roles: "HR, Recruiters, Hiring Managers.... They All Have Different Missions."
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Monster 5 for Friday--Careers Edition--April 1:
Many thanks for referencing my post about HR, recruiters and Hiring Managers!
aka Hannah Morgan
Posted by: Career Sherpa | Apr 3, 2011 1:52:19 PM
More tax deductibles the better!
Posted by: career advice | Apr 7, 2011 3:58:23 PM
This what happens when economy turns out on us. Less jobs, less pay and more problems.
Posted by: interview preparation | Apr 12, 2011 9:00:53 PM
I can concur with the idea that the job market is starting to rebound. I run a small resume writing service and business has really picked up over the past couple months.
Posted by: SteveB | Apr 13, 2011 11:53:17 AM
Self- assessment exams are just a procedure of knowing ones self and it may be inaccurate. Just be true to your self, know your strengths and weaknesses to get to your objective.
Posted by: Plumbing | Jun 5, 2011 1:25:52 PM
Posted by: Jack Napiare | Jul 9, 2011 9:05:49 AM
If I had to describe this artical in one word it'd be.. HELPFUL. Thank you.
Posted by: Lua Belle | Jul 25, 2011 12:16:33 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.