March 07, 2011
Promote Yourself and Really Pop!
The candidates for VP of Pop Culture, for popchips and Ashton Kutcher, have submitted their videos--and now it's up to the voters to decide. In these last days of voting, the candidates will have to employ smart tactics to get votes. As with many job searches, it's all about selling yourself!
Are you in the running (or do you need to promote yourself for another purpose)? Here are some tips on getting out the vote:
1. Take advantage of multiple platforms. Show off your social media skills: reach out via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, your blog, and so on, so you can reach new voters (and remind your fans to vote again).
2. Get creative with media. Use images, video, and so on.
3. Be reciprocal. If you want people to do nice things for you, it helps to do nice things for them first! Think of ways to help your network (or otherwise do good, perhaps for a charity) in exchange for their support).
4. Promote yourself at least once a day. But beware of overkill--you don't want to tire out the people in your social networks.
5. Make it easy for people to help you. If you're running for this VP position, for instance, use the "get out the vote" banners and other tools that popchips has provided for candidates.
And don't forget to say thank you! The VP of Pop Culture candidacy pages now let candidates say thank you with a special coupon good for $1 off popchips! To get a coupon, vote for your favorite candidate any time before the polls close on March 9. (Although you can vote once every 24 hours, there's only one coupon available per person.)
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Promote Yourself and Really Pop!:
Everybody should vote for Diane Mizota. She is the best. She'll work harder than anybody else at promoting Pop Chips. http://bit.ly/dianeforVP
Posted by: King Victator | Mar 7, 2011 4:10:47 PM
Everyone please vote for Shane Burrows as Pop VP he is POPTASTIC!
Vote here: http://t.co/FHUZ2xf
He has already been endorsed by Christina Aguilera and USA Today!
Help make pop history with pop you can believe in!
YES WE CAN!
Posted by: Shane Burrows | Mar 7, 2011 6:15:04 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.